William and Mary 1984
Knox College 1981
Admitted to Practice: GA 1984
Assistant: Dianne L. Kulow
Scott D. Calhoun has a broad base of experience in the formation and structuring of all types of business entities as well as in mergers and acquisitions. With over three decades of legal experience, he advises clients on a full range of business matters, including business entity formation, securities offerings, lease negotiations, stock or asset acquisitions, employment agreements, partnership agreements, secured lending or other financial transactions, shareholder agreements, and LLC operating agreements.
Additionally, he provides planning and implementation advice concerning asset protection and business succession issues.
Mr. Calhoun has handled all aspects of securities compliance under the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as well as numerous private securities offerings of all sizes, ranging in type from real estate syndications to venture capital start-ups.
Mr. Calhoun also has significant experience with estate tax planning, estate document drafting, and estate administration.
- Corporate/Business Law
- Secured Financial Transactions
- Risk Assessment/Mitigation
- Strategic Relationship Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Partnership Agreements
- Shareholder/LLC Operating Agreements
- LLC Origination/Corporate Modeling
- Commercial Lease Negotiation
- Regulatory Compliance
- Supplier/Contractor Negotiation
- Exempt Securities Agreements
- Stock/Asset Acquisitions
- Business Operations Counsel
- Comprehensive Contract/Agreement Negotiation
- Company/Firm Start-up Initiative
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Business Infrastructure Design
- Business Expansion Process Mapping
- Trademark Procurement/Infringement Protection
- Employment Law Case Resolution
- Member, State Bar of Georgia: Business Law and Fiduciary Law sections
- Member, American Bar Association Member: Business Law, Real Property and Probate sections
- Member, Atlanta Bar Association Member: Business Law and Estate Planning sections
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell in Legal Ability
- Member, Lawyers Club of Atlanta
Mr. Calhoun has made a number of presentations on various topics, having lectured on estate planning to other attorneys in programs sponsored by the National Business Institute (Topic: The Probate Process from Start to Finish in Georgia, 2001); and by the Georgia Institute for Continuing Legal Education (Taxation for General Practitioners Seminar Topic: Estate Planning Fundamentals, 1995, and General Corporate Practice Seminar topic: Shareholder Agreements – Legal and Drafting Issues, 1995). He also has made various presentations to community groups such as North Atlanta Senior Services and Telephone Pioneers.