East Carolina University, Construction Management with Honors, Civil Engineering Technology with Honors
Alternative Dispute Resolution
General Civil Litigation
Contract Drafting and Negotiation
Corporate Advisory & Counseling
Domestic Relations Matters
Admitted to Practice:
Georgia, North Carolina
SHANE C. O'CONNOR is a seasoned dispute-resolution counselor and advisor. Shane is passionate about achieving the best practical result for his clients, while never losing sight of humor and humanity in the process.
With over 26 years in the construction industry, his engineering background and on-site construction experience gives him a unique perspective and advantage in resolving construction and business disputes. Much of Shane’s practice focuses on counseling and advising clients in an “outside general counsel” capacity, managing legal claims and issues to give his clients the best opportunity to prevent all-too-common mistakes and potential dispute situations.
Shane is no stranger to our firm and served as a highly valuable Construction Litigation Attorney from 2002-2007. Formerly employed as a construction laborer, Shane worked his way up to project manager for a general contracting company in North Carolina. Garnering additional insight, he served as General Counsel & Vice President of Construction Operations for a general contractor in Atlanta specializing in construction and renovation of commercial, industrial, retail and self-storage projects. Prior to re-joining his colleagues at HPSS Law, Shane practiced law at his own firm, Sullivan & O’Connor, for nearly a decade.
When Shane isn’t working, he is all about family. He enjoys traveling with his wife and their three children, and spending time on the soccer field or basketball court watching his kids compete. You might also find him on the golf course from time to time.
- Construction Law
- Construction Litigation
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- General Civil Litigation
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Business / Corporate Advisory & Counseling
- Domestic Relations Matters
- Adjunct Professor, East Carolina University
- Graduate Program, Department of Construction Management
- Courses: Legal Implications of Design & Construction.
- Mercer University - Walter F. George School of Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- East Carolina University
- Bachelor of Science, Construction Management with Honors
- The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Sigma Lambda Chi International Construction Honor Society
- East Carolina Construction Association
- Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
- Civil Engineering Technology with Honors
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- Featured in Atlanta Magazine, Georgia Super Lawyers 2007, Rising Stars