Emory University, 2014
University of Florida, Bachelor of Science in Building Construction, 2006
Admitted to Practice:
Northern District of Georgia, 2017
Georgia Supreme Court, 2018
Assistant: Dianne L. Kulow
J.T. GALLAGHER became an Associate with HPSS Law in May 2017 and brings a breadth of experience in the field of Construction Law with a targeted focus on Construction Litigation.
Mr. Gallagher graduated from University of Florida in 2006 with a Bachelor of Science in Building Construction. After graduation, Mr. Gallagher worked as a project coordinator and project manager for a general contractor for over five years. In those roles, he delivered a variety of on-time and under-budget commercial construction projects. His education and industry experience give him vast knowledge of what is required to design, develop, and construct successful projects.
Mr. Gallagher received his J.D., with honors, from Emory University School of Law in 2014. While in law school, he completed a legal fellowship with Atlanta BeltLine, Inc where he developed procurement policy, reviewed and drafted agreements, and assisted in dispute resolution. After graduating from Emory Law, Mr. Gallagher worked at Fulton County Superior Court in the Business Case Division; there, he honed his research and writing ability under guidance of the Business Court’s four judges before beginning his practice in the construction litigation group of an Atlanta law firm.
Mr. Gallagher is a Member at Large of the Board of Directors for Atlanta Bar Association’s Construction Law Section and focuses his practice on Construction Litigation.
- Construction Litigation
- Construction Liens
- Contract Consulting
- General commercial litigation for construction industry clients
- Atlanta Bar Association, Member at Large
- Fulton County Superior Court
- Business Case Division - Legal Assistant Specialist
- Emory University, School of Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.), With Honors
- Atlanta BeltLine Legal Fellowship
- Emory Corporate and Business Law Society
- Emory Law Peer-To-Peer Academic Counselor
- Deans Teaching Fellow
- University of Florida
- Bachelor of Science, Building Construction
- Associated General Contractors Student Member
- Attended Lippe Summer Construction Study Abroad Program in Detmold, Germany; International Studies in Construction at Fachhochshule Lippe und Hoxter.
- "Royal Capital Development and the Applicability of 'Stigma' - Damages in Property Damage Claims in Georgia, Atlanta Bar Association, Construction Law Section, Summer 2016
- “Design Responsibility,” ASA's The Contractor’s Compass, May 2018.