Emory University 1979
Boston University 1976
Construction Claims, Litigation & Construction Contract Advice
Admitted to Practice: 1979
Assistant: Eunice Wight
Assistant Email: email@example.com
Martin R. Salzman, born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky, enjoyed four years in Boston during his undergraduate studies, then upon commencing law school at Emory University, he planted roots in Atlanta, GA, to which he has lived for close to 35 years.
Graduated from Boston University summa cum laude with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, and served as elected President of the School of Management. Graduated from Emory Law School with distinction. While at Emory, was an editor of Emory Law Journal and published a note in the Emory Law Journal, Pfizer v Gov't of India, which concerned antitrust issues facing drug manufacturers.
Mr. Salzman has co-authored a number of articles for various trade publications on current topics concerning the construction industry. He also co-authored a chapter entitled "Formal and Informal Discovery Procedures and their Enforcement in Arbitration" in a book titled "Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Construction Industry" which was published by Wiley Law Publications in 1991.
- Recognized amongst America's Leading Business Lawyers/USA Chambers 2003-2007
- Recognized in Who's Who Legal 2006-2007
- Recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer 2004-2007
- Member of the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
Representative Construction Projects
- Represented electrical prime contractor on the Big Dig project in Boston, MA.
- Represented various clients on US hospital projects in: Dallas VA, Detroit VA, University of North Carolina: Women's & Children's Hospital, Marion VA, Decatur VA
- Involved in pursuing claims on behalf of clients on highway projects in North Carolina and in Georgia
- Involved in a dispute concerning the construction of a level 3 Biocontainment Laboratory at the University of Georgia Veterinary College
- Involved in claims on Seabrook Nuclear Plant, NUSCO Power Plant, Idaho Power, Bonnieville Power Plant, Westlake Petrochemical Corporation
- Represented clients in the fiber optic arena in a case with Florida Power & Light and with Georgia Power
- Represented clients with claims arising out of Division 17 Security, Fire Alarm and Communication work in federal and state prisons, airports and hospitals
- Involved in representing clients with claims on wastewater treatment and water plants in Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC, Georgia and Texas.
Carolina Cas. Ins. Co. v. R.L. Brown & Associates, Inc. 2007 WL 174171 N.D. Ga., 2007
Carolina Cas. Ins. Co. v. R.L. Brown & Associates, Inc. Slip Copy, 2007 WL 174336 N.D. Ga., 2007
Carolina Cas. Ins. Co. v. R.L. Brown & Associates, Inc. Slip Copy, 2006 WL 3625891 N.D. Ga., 2006
Carolina Cas. Ins. Co. v. R.L. Brown & Associates, Inc. 2006 WL 2842733 N.D. Ga., 2006
Carolina Cas. Ins. Co. v. R.L. Brown & Associates, Inc. 2006 WL 211718 N.D. Ga., 2006
Ellis-Don Const., Inc. v. HNTB Corp. 169 N.C.App. 630, 610 S.E.2d 293 (2005)
ESI Companies, Inc. v. Fulton County 271 Ga.App. 181, 609 S.E.2d 126 Ga.App. (2004)
Ellis-Don Const., Inc. v. HKS, Inc. 353 F.Supp.2d 603, M.D.N.C. (2004)
Fischbach & Moore Electric v. Bell BCI Co. 2004 WL 1811392, W.D.N.Y., August 11, 2004
Southern Elec. Supply Co. v. Trend Const., Inc. 259 Ga.App. 666, 578 S.E.2d 279 Ga.App. (2003)
Associated Mechanical Contractors, Inc. v. Martin K. Eby Const. Co., Inc. 271 F.3d 1309, C.A.11 (Ga.) (2001)
Holloway Const. Co. v. Department of Transp. 218 Ga.App. 243, 461 S.E.2d 257 (1995)
Department of Transp. v. Fru-Con Const. Corp. 207 Ga.App. 180, 427 S.E.2d 513 (1993)
Department of Transp. v. Fru-Con Const. Corp. 206 Ga.App. 821, 426 S.E.2d 905 (1992)
U.S. for Use of A & M Petroleum v. Santa Fe Engineers, Inc. 822 F.2d 547, C.A.5 (Miss.) (1987)
U.S. for Use of A & M Petroleum v. Santa Fe Engineers, Inc. 660 F.Supp. 1111, S.D.Miss. (1987)
Doyle v. Estes Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. 173 Ga.App. 491, 326 S.E.2d 846 (1985)
U.S. v. Johnson Controls, Inc. 713 F.2d 1541, C.A.Fed. (1983)
Briarcliff Communications Group, Inc. v. Associated Press 154 Ga.App. 369, 268 S.E.2d 356 (1980)